Title: Line Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef / email@example.com
Positions Available: 2
A dedicated individual with a passion for producing ala-minute cooking and working in a proven and dedicated kitchen to ensure our guests receive only the best product available. You are highly motivated and a self-starter, able to work under supervision in this exciting kitchen environment. You are available to work in a flexible operation which may include morning, day, evening and weekend shifts as meets the needs of the operation. You will be organized and be able to use critical analysis in this dynamic field. You will be physically able to perform general kitchen duties and have a reliable form of transport.
- Before service begins, prepare any elements needed for service, such as salad dressing, sauces, sandwiches or spreads. Follow the restaurant recipes when preparing these menu items.
- Set up the line station for service by bringing items from the walk-in refrigerator to the line station, washing salad greens and gathering plates and bowls.
- During food service, wait for tickets to come in, plate the food the diner has ordered; while, working in conjunction with the other line cooks so that all of a table's food comes out at one time and must be able to handle several orders at a time.
- Prepare salads, cheese plates and other cold appetizers.
- Inventory salad station items on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis and report the inventory.
- Preparing or plate additional dishes, like desserts or hot appetizers.?
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to stand on your feet for the duration of the shift and must be able to bend, turn, twist and move readily.
- Have good fine motor skills, attention to detail and can work well under pressure.
- Should be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- This is a very busy area and one must be able to work with positive energy. Weekends, evenings and some holidays a must.
- Possess current Riverside County Food Handlers card or ServSafe certificate.?
- 2-3 years relevant kitchen experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Bar Back
Department: Tasting Room
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Positions Available: 1
The Tasting Room Bar Back is primarily responsible for providing support to the Wine Servers and the operations of the Tasting Room. They also assist with the opening and closing of the Tasting Room facilities, and the stocking and replenishment of wine and wine glasses. As a member of the Tasting Room staff, the Barback is also expected to respect and support his/her co-workers and management, staying positive and flexible especially during busy periods.
General Duties / Tasks:
- Wipe down bar and seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties on patio to facilitate customer service.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, glassware, or trays.
- Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas and mop or vacuum floors.
- Maintain and clean restrooms throughout the day including sweeping/mopping floors, refilling paper towel dispensers and toilet roll holders.
- Assist servers throughout the day by making sure they have enough clean wine glasses, clearing dirty wine glasses, replenishing ice containers and removing empty wine bottles.
- Wash and polish wine glasses throughout the day.
- Pack up wine orders or shipments when required.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice
Send applications to email@example.com